Wednesday, January 2, 2019

SLJ - Week 2 - Day 2 - Activity 3

 All over the world there is strange plants and life forms, here are my top 2 strangest plants and the differents and similarities.

Hydnellum Peckii
Hydnellum Peckii is a type of fungi that has big bubbles of a blood like sumstes.
You can find this in North America and Europe.
 Related image




Lithop
Lithop is made of two leves on the outer edge of the plant, it's commonly know as living stone. 
You can find it in South Africa.
Related image

Difference and Similarities



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kurt!

    My name is Ellee, I work alonside Allie on the Summer Learning Journey!
    Hope you have had an awesome Christmas and New Years break so far?

    You have done a stellar job on this activity - I like that you have chosen to use a venn diagram to share your ideas, it makes your post super clear and easy to follow for readers.

    These are some pretty crazy looking plants... I wonder if we get any thing like these in New Zealand?
    On a trip to Malaysia I did get to see the Pitcher Plant - I had never seen anything like it before. On one of the signs it said it also gets called a monkey cup sometimes and that is exactly what it looks like, a cup for a monkey!

    That's pretty interesting that both of them change colours! Do they go to a completely new colour or just change shades?
    Are either of them poisonous?

    You have done a great job on this activity Kurt, keep up the awesome work!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your helpful, thoughtful comment on my blog.